Saturday 25 July 2009

Web host apache windows XP?

I have windows XP serv pack2, installed Apache, put my index.html page in the appropraite directory, and when I go to http://localhost, or 127.0.01, or even my IP address (192.x.yz.) I can see the page, so I am thinking the apache is fine.





Problem: It can't be seen from outside world.


I went to windows firewall and created an exception manually (to open port 80), and also on advanced tab, I chose my local area network and went to setting and clicked the HTTP server too, but still no luck:(


I know there is a whole different discussion about static or Dynamic IP, but at this point I am not even concerned about the NAME of the website, just as long as it can be seen even by putting the IP address in (my own IP is 192.x.y.z)





By the way, I have only one computer (I use clickwire modem, and there is only one computer that I connect to this modem).





Please help





Thanks,


Bob
Web host apache windows XP?
the IP is 192.x.y.z is a non-routable, local IP address. It is not able to be seen by the outside world.





your must be using a router (or one is built into the modem) %26amp; it ischanging the IP provided by your ISP (the outside IP that you'll need to use to get to your HTTP site) into a private IP.





To see your external IP - http://whatismyip.com/





you will need to configure your router to forward port 80 traffic from the outside to the inside.





try going to 192.168.1.1 and see if that gets you to the management area of the router.
Web host apache windows XP?
Hey there, I read your question thoroughly and I believe I have a friend who can help you with this. I talked to him about it and he said you can email him at hosting@hungrypage.com





:)


No comments:

Post a Comment