Saturday 25 July 2009

Our web budget is shot! Can anyone walk me through the steps to add a link to our website?

We ran out of money to pay our web guy and need to do a bunch of things - like putting a link from one of our websites to another site - that will help us generate more cash flow. I'm the most technically inclined out of the three of us (uh oh!), so the task falls to me. I have Dreamweaver MX 2004 v. 7.0 on my G5 running OS X.3.9. I'm working my way through De-mystifying Dreamweaver... and The Idiot's Guide to Web Design, but at this rate it'll be Thanksgiving before I get anywhere.





Can anyone just give me the basic steps to add a hyperlink on our website - perhaps using a GIF, JPEG, PDF, or whatever format of a graphic file that I will design in Adobe Illustrator - as a GUI over the link? I.e., when all is said and done I want visitors to be able to go to our main site, view the ad for the other site, click on it, and be re-directed to the other site.





Our web host is Register.Com.





Thanks!





Dave
Our web budget is shot! Can anyone walk me through the steps to add a link to our website?
heres the code for a link;


%26lt;a href="http://www.the_site.com"%26gt;Click Here%26lt;/a%26gt;





to use an image:


%26lt;a href="http://www.the_site.com"%26gt;%26lt;img src="/path2img/img.jpg"%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;
Our web budget is shot! Can anyone walk me through the steps to add a link to our website?
Click on the image and some shapes should come up on your toolbar. Add a shape (hotspot tool) in the background of the image and insert your hyperlink. Basically click away from the lower toolbar and your link should be set. You only need to add a shape if you only want a certain part of the image to have a link or if a border is showing around your image when you add a link. If you need help marketing your website go here:





http://www.sitestartups.com/?p=84


No comments:

Post a Comment