Friday 31 July 2009

How do I send web hits from my domain registrar to my web host?

I registered my domain with yahoo.com; my host is awardspace.com, a free provider. I don't want to use yahoo's forwarding (standard or masked).





So should I do one of the following:





Change the name server with yahoo?


Create an A or MX record?


Transfer the domain registration to awardspace?





Right now my domain could be www.mydomain.com and yahoo transfers it to mysubdomain.awardspace.com, which appears in the address bar. I'd like the final result to be www.mydomain.com, and ideally, I'd like to keep the registration with yahoo. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
How do I send web hits from my domain registrar to my web host?
Here's the answer to your question, from the FAQ at awardspace.com:





1. What should I do in order to use my already registered domain name with your web hosting service? [Click to see answer]





To set up the domain with us, add the domain through the Domain Manager section, contact your current registrar and set our DNS ( see DNS below).


You should set your domain name to use our DNS (domain name servers) and/or IPs below in order to have your domain resolving and working with our system. Our name servers are:





ns1.awardspace.com [70.86.228.147]


ns2.awardspace.com [64.69.36.238]


ns3.awardspace.com [70.86.228.148]


ns4.awardspace.com [64.27.0.198]
How do I send web hits from my domain registrar to my web host?
You will want to change the name servers for the domain through Yahoo. You will need to get this information from the host awardspace.com


No comments:

Post a Comment