Sunday 26 April 2009

I bought a web site from godaddy and cant get rid of top advertisement, i purchased hosting with them.....?

You are in luck. I had to do this last night. And after some tries I got it. When you buy a domain from them they give you a free hosting credit. Do not use it. That is what I did and got what you are getting now.


When you go to your hosting list, you will see the list of hosting accounts you have set up. Yours probably says something like "Economy hosting (free blah blah )"


If you bought economy hosting, it should not have the "free" part.


I canceled my free hosting account. Then assigned the domain name to my real paid account. Beware, if you have stuff in the free hosting account, it will be deleted when you cancel. Download it locally first.


You have to wait a long time after you cancel for it to get processed. Go to sleep and continue next morning. This frees the domain to be assigned to the paid hosting account. Check the emails they sent you for instructions. If you get stuck, call them. They are extremely helpful.
I bought a web site from godaddy and cant get rid of top advertisement, i purchased hosting with them.....?
You get your own hosting and transfer the domain over to the new hosting company. You can do it within godaddy 'manage domains' function to change the dns over to the new hosting company.





If you dont have a hosting company yet.. check out - http://www.the-best-webhosts.com for ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment