Sunday 26 April 2009

How can i upload a file from a web server to my own web server?

i want to know how can i upload a file that is stored in a web server ( example : http://dl.ibox.org.ua/8/70322/Bengu___Ta... ) to my own web server?


is there any codes or such things that i can put in my web host that can do this thing for me ?


like i put the url of the file that i want to upload to my web host and click the button then it trasfers the file to my web host?
How can i upload a file from a web server to my own web server?
Depending on how your web host is configured, you could theoretically do that.





For example, you could run the Unix command wget behind the scenes to obtain the content of any URL and store it in a file.





You could write something using the Perl HTTP package to do the same thing.





Lots of possible solutions, but without knowing what scripting languages you have available on your hosting setup, it's hard to be more specific.





(PS - Javascript is a client-side language, so it won't actually run anything on the server. PHP is what you'd use to download the URL.)
How can i upload a file from a web server to my own web server?
Usually web servers will ask you to upload a file from your client machine (the one you are on now). So, download the file to your machine, then upload to your web server.


No comments:

Post a Comment