Monday 3 August 2009

What kind of service would I need from a web host in order to have a site that had hundreds of videos on it?

For a business site, I need a host that can accommodate hundreds, perhaps thousands, of business videos, each approx 1 to 5 minutes long. What kind of capacity/services/capabilities do I need to look for in a host in order to handle such a site? And how much should I expect to pay for this? If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
What kind of service would I need from a web host in order to have a site that had hundreds of videos on it?
At minimum you would need a few T-1s bonded, prefereably a T-3 and you're looking at a couplt to a few grand a month. I've got a pair of T-1s bonded and, if I remember right, its about 1200 per month... a T-3 would be about twice that.
What kind of service would I need from a web host in order to have a site that had hundreds of videos on it?
You need to estimate how many vistors you will have and how many movies each person will watch. For instance, Startlogic gives you 1,500 GB Space ( which means you can host about 100,000 videos. Startlogic also gives you 15,000 transfer per month (which means you can have 100,000 people watching 15 videos) etc.





I can recommend http://www.startlogic.ca I've used them for nearly 3 years and hosted about 20 websites with them. Price is $5.95/ month and they offer toll free support (1-800) which is a must, and a 30 day moneyback guarantee. You can also have up to 50 separate websites per account.





You can also try http://www.webhosting-reviews.ca they offer some good hosting reviews. Let me know if you have any other questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment